Jan 30, 2012

Isaiah for Airheads by John Bytheway



Ouch - I know, the title is a killer.  I mean it kills any interest I would have, but...

I've been wanting to dive into Isaiah and I need help.  My father-in-law gave the book a GREAT recommendation - and my husband just told me to throw away the book cover - so I decided to swallow my pride and read it.

I am so glad I did.  This is a perfect book for those of us just beginning our great adventure into the words of Isaiah.  It could have been titled.... The ABCs of Isaiah, Isaiah 101, etc.  Even a non- map person like me now understands where the 12 tribes lived - what Kingdom divided means, and on and on.

This book is written really well.  Organized in a simple to read set up.   The author is funny and down to earth.  His analogies make a lot of sense.  I am so glad I read this book first - now I have a basic foundation to build on!  For you know what they say,

"Great are the words of Isaiah"

No comments: