Nov 8, 2010

The Lacemaker and the Princess


4 Stars for this Great Read!  Thoroughly engaging- while leaving you with something to think about!
Two girls, one poor and one royal.  This is the story of how they became friends.  Put this on your list of fun and easy to read books!  I enjoyed living in the 1700's with Marie Antoinette and getting to meet her.  This book is soaked in the French Revolution.  I thought the author did a decent job of explaining both sides of the revolution.  I could see how it came to happen, sad, but necessary?  Don't miss this story!  Oh, and if you enjoy it like I did - then you better read "The Scarlet Pimpernel" after (it is an amazing read too)! 




1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I loved Scarlet Pimpernell. I will put this one on hold at the library. Thanks for the recommendation!