Nov 9, 2010

I am Grateful for GRASS and the color "Grass Green"

I am reading a book called "HABIBI".  Liyana, a 14 year old girl, has moved with her family to Jerusalem from St. Louis.  Listen to this paragraph, "Liyana's eyes fell upon a small, shapely green lamp, exactly the color of the green grass she missed back home in the United States -who ever thought about grass when you had it?  Who ever thought about missing a color?"
Thus today I've been thinking of the color green - and green grass. 
The color of green grass takes me back to 1981.  I was in Kanazawa Japan riding my bike as a missionary.  We would pass field after field of Rice.  I thought there was nothing more beautiful than those green green Japanese rice fields. 
I loved looking at them. 
Maybe that is why Grass Green is one of my Favorite Colors!!:)

No comments: