Oct 3, 2017

Book of the Month - A LADY IN DISGUISE

 by Sandra Byrd

I am excited to review October's book!  You will love it!  It's perfect for the month of spooks - as it is packed with mystery from beginning to end.  The suspense kept me turning the pages and I could not put it down.  Thus it was a quick but engaging read!

I loved the suspense, the intrigue and danger that were laced tightly into this story.  Sandra Byrd did a fabulous job.  Gillian is a strong heroin that whose character builds and reveals itself throughout the trouble she finds herself mixed in.  I love her straight forward, honest and brave way of dealing with what life has dumped into her lap.  

Finally, I think what sealed the deal was the great historical fiction that runs throughout the story.  Oh, and that the dashing Viscount Thomas Lockwood did not ride in and take over, but was a mysterious figure that kept you guessing as to what was going to really happen in the end!  Will he come in and save the day and take away all her troubles?  Or will Gillian stay true to her character and solve her father's mystery?  Enjoy:)


No comments: