"Great Power can come from Memorizing Scriptures." -Elder Richard G. Scott
Here is one way to organize your Scripture Memorizing.
Purchase a MINI Notebook (I bought the moleskin notebooks at Target because they are only 1/4" thick, small and easy to take with me)
- Type up the scriture you are memorizing and glue it to a page (this takes less space and makes larger sections easier to memorize from)
- Use a glue stick to paste in your little book
- Now slip it into your purse/glovebox, scripture case anywhere!
I made sure to include the Psalm he quoted - Psalm 24
Keeping all the scriptures you've memorized in one book
means you can easily review them
so they will stay in your Long Term Memory.
What to memorize?
- Any scripture that hits you with a pow
- The 10 commandments
- Psalm 23 - "The Lord is my Shepherd" - have you ever memorized an entire Psalm? In the past children would memorize entire Psalms regularly
- Psalm 24 - Elder Scott suggests this
- Mosiah 14 - Memorizing Isaiah is a great way to really think about some of the beautiful messages he's given us
- A favorite quote from conference