Apr 19, 2011

Day 3 - Tuesday, Parables & Teachings

Christ spent most of this day teaching the people and his disciples. Some of the Parables we know so well were taught during this day: The Parable of the Ten Virgins, the Entrusted Talents, the Two sons, the Wicked Husbandman. Also we find teachings, such as the Great commandment, the Widow’s mite, and more. Jesus also laments over Jerusalem. He filled this day with as much as He could. He taught and gratefully we have those teachings today in our Holy Bible.     Matthew 21 – 26, Mark 11-14, Luke 20-22, John 12:37-50

One of my Favorite Teachings is found in Mark 12:41-44:

  • As Christ sat and watched how the people cast money into the treasury of the temple He beheld a poor widow. “and she threw in two mites”. (hardly a cent)
  • After she had done this Christ called His disciples to Him and taught them about giving all we have to the Lord, not our extra, but our all. “but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living”.
This is a beautiful story of a sweet poor woman, a lonely widow, who gave all she had to God. Obviously she was not poor in spirit. She was strong and knew what her priorities were. She was a great example to all around her and a model for women everywhere! She knew the secret to happiness; that it was not in what we have, but in what we give!


Money is not the only thing we have to offer to the Lord. What more could we give?
• I think of what I give to the Lord. I give some of my time, my energy, my service, my love, BUT do I give my all? How much more could I give? I think of alms for the poor, service to others, time spent teaching and helping others, loving others, how much am I willing to give?
Our Savior is the greatest example of giving our all
• He gave His life that we might live again. He loved us so much that He was willing to atone for our sins. He died that we might live!

No comments: