May 20, 2010

Little Boxy Pouch Tutorial


I found this great tutorial at three bears and I have made probably 20!  I love them - so I wanted to share!  It is my gift to give this year!  I fill them up with chocolates, cute chapstick, and if I think they'll use them - little travel supplies.  I love to find a sewing project that let's me buy fat quarters of all the fabulous fabric lines in Quilting Stores!  This is also a great way to use up cute scraps you have -then it's only the cost of the zipper(and the yummies inside)!

BEWARE - SUPER ADDICTIVE!



***One change that I made:  In #1 of the tutorial was that I cut 2 layers of fabric for each side and put batting inbetween my fabric layers and then quilted them with a simple stitch(if you can machine quilt it is so much cuter this way).  Thus on #2 when I ironed the top edge down I then sewed it down - right next to the open seem you folded over (this is necessary since it is thick - it keeps it flat for adding the zipper).  Now the box keeps it cute shape!:) 

No comments: