May 29, 2014

Daisies are Forever



3 Stars   A great historical novel interwoven with a great story of love and sacrifice.

The first thing that caught my eye was the great cover.  I love the style of these books.  Next I loved the subject matter - WWII.  So many great books written in the setting of  WWII.  This story of Gisela and Mitch take you to a part of WWII not looked at.   Fleeing from the Soviet army Gisela and her group of friends and family cross a bitterly cold land to seek refuge in Berlin.  You will find adventure and love.  This is a story that takes place through a long journey with an army at their heels and the suspense keeps you moving.  Mitch and Gisela meet unexpectedly and through that meeting are bound together as they try to survive this great trek.  I gave it only 3 stars as I found my interest wandering towards the end and the impact at the end did not stay with me long.

I thought this book had a unique story to tell and the author picked a great hero and heroine.  
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments: