Dec 31, 2013

Mirror Images



2 Stars
Mirror Images by Laurel Norlander has a great idea and sounds intriguing.  This story is sort of a mystery, sort of a romance and mixed together.  Right off the bat I like the voice of the main girl.  She sounds like she is coming from riches to rags and trying to bust out of a bunch of bad luck.  This story is about the city girl who goes to a small town and discovers how things run on the other side of the tracks.

I was disappointed in the constant talk of bars and drinking and birth control.  Just because she is from a big city doesn’t mean the first thing she thinks of when driving down the street of this little town is how the teenage girls are getting their birth control.  I was put off by it.  Old towns have their charms and city girls don’t constantly wonder how and where to get the next pack of birth control.    I was confused the entire time at the funeral about who she was talking about – her ex-boyfriend or his brother.  

The story had potential but bottom line, I was not pulled in and taken away into their world.     I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

No comments: