Mar 21, 2013

The Sky Beneath My Feet

3 stars - I liked it:)
I was in the mood for a little different read than I usually do.  What a hoot.  The Sky Beneath My Feet is a novel by Lisa Samson.  This story begins with the fresh honest voice of Beth – a mom with teenagers and a husband going through a mid-life crisis.  Funny – I laughed out loud, and definitely down to earth.   The Sky Beneath My Feet takes you with Beth through a year in her life when she is trying to figure out if her life is what she wants.  I really like her boys Eli and Jed.  Even though they are struggling through teenage life they have great characters and you can tell Beth has it together in the mom department.  Now her husband you ask?  Now Rick is a different story.  Rick will keep you asking what?  Really?  Is he for real?  Which is just what Beth is doing – trying to figure out who her husband is and if she is able to accept what’s going on.  This story takes you through forgiveness, finding God, and trying to just keep going when you wonder why.  I would recommend this book to any mother living with teenagers and struggling through on her own.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: