Feb 6, 2013

Humble Heart


Humble Heart  - A book of virtues
Written and illustrated by Amy Meyer Allen
 
I vote 4 Stars – this would be a great gift or a solid addition to your own library

In this children’s book you will find 9 loveable creatures within 9 short tales.  The first thing that caught my eye was the bright colors and adorable animals.    Amy Allen has put together a cheerful, bright story book full of sweet characters that are innocent and loveable but making mistakes and trying to do better. 

I love how Amy has added a question and scripture to the end of each tale.  What a natural way to talk with your children about 9 different virtues you hope they will put in their lives. 

I honestly smiled through the entire reading.  My daughter wanted to re-read it immediately after we read it together.    Bright and cheerful pages keep you turning for more.  What a great little book of virtues. 

Oh, and another great plus is the hidden little bumble bee on each page.  What kid would not love to sit and look at this cheerful, sweet book?

Another great bonus is that this book has a cute square shape that is easy to handle with a sturdy hard cover which is slightly puffy.

- And thanks to Tyndale House Publishers who provided me with a complimentary copy of this book!

1 comment:

Diane Estrella said...

I also reviewed this book and loved it.

BTW-I am holding 5 book giveaways at my site this week if you are interested in stopping over. Hope you have a great weekend!

Diane :O)
www.dianeestrella.com